happy happy birthday mother dear.
today is mom's birthday. happy birthday mom! now, i could go on and on and tell you how great my mom is, but you still probably wouldn't really get it. i think i will tell you a story instead:
Rewind back to 1996 as i was busy getting ready for the Senior Prom. Everything was going perfectly. The "up-do" was in tact, the light blue dress was pressed, and my little "necessities" purse was all ready. Mom had the camera ready... (that's who i get the photography 'bug' from), and all was under control. My date pulls up and gets the corsage out..... WHAT... it wasn't a wrist corsage? My mind starts racing, "What do I? NO ONE wears a 'pin on' corsage! MY NIGHT IS RUINED, MY LIFE IS OVER, HOW WILL I EVER SURVIVE THIS?" (the capital letters represent the ridiculousness of an over-reacting 17-year-old)
Instead my manners took over and I held it and said, "Oh, what a beautiful corsage," as I turned and showed it to my mom with a slight nod. Mom said, "Yes, it is so beautiful! Do you mind if I go into the other room and take a picture of it?" The date was a little confused, but rather clueless and said "sure."
Mom ran into the other room, whipped out some elastic, some needle and thread and turned that "pin on" corsage into a beautiful wrist corsage in a couple of minutes. She brought it back out, my date put it on my wrist, (never knowing what went on) and off we went for Senior Prom.
great my mom is.

