Thursday, September 27, 2007

project time...

Moving to a new house, for me, means new projects. For starters, paint. Yes, we are renting and will only be here for a short time, but I still need something more than a pasty, dry white. So after trying to comply with the landlords request of using a neutral color, I've had enough of it. The neutral "tan-beige" is pretty much everywhere, but we've decided to go a little crazy on the bedrooms, and put a different "neutral" in the living room. Picking paint colors is NOT an easy thing especially when you are trying to do something that won't completely make the landlord flip out. ... So for the past few days I have been to Home Depot 7 times, purchased 8 quarts of paints trying to figure out what will work, and am now going color blind.
Look at the beautiful canvas of colors in the living room....

Taylor's quilt for her new purple bedroom is the next project. Taylor picked the fabrics and they arrived today.